Turns out a fresh herb pesto with a touch of coconut milk is a TOTAL game changer.
Once you've made this light pasta dish, bursting with fresh flavours, you won't be going back to your boring old pesto, trust me!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 500g pasta (whatever shape you fancy)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cups rocket
- 1 jalape?o (I used this jared version from El Paso)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut milk